Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Blogging Tips & WholeHearted Home Wednesdays

Blogging Tips??
Just for Fun!!

What blogging tips could you share this week?

If any of these questions peeks an interest and you feel like sharing, just comment below and we'll have a conversation about blogging tips!! Just for fun!!

  • How did you set up your Header? Did you pay to have it done, or did you use Picmonkey? How did you size it? How do you go about placing your header in the template? 
  • Do you take your own photos or do you use a 'free' service? Which one(s) are your favorite? If you take your own photos, how did you learn? 
  • How do YOU go about finding a background for your blog? Do you pay someone to set this up? Do you use backgrounds from Blogger or Word Press? Do you use a 'free' background from a blog? If so, which one(s) are your favorite? How do you size it? How do you get that pesky old template off?
  • Do you like a white, open, wide reading area without a busy design for your background? or do you prefer a cute background? 
  • Do you have drop-down tabs at the top? Did you install them yourself? If you did, how did you go about doing this?
  • How do YOU keep up with blogging and mothering? Are you able to basically keep a balance between caring for your husband, mothering, housework, homeschooling, and blogging?
  • Blog first or Bible first?? Which do you find yourself doing?? 
  • Be real :-)

WholeHearted Favorites

Rosalind over at A Little R & R shared:


This was such an encouraging post for the mother with young children!!


Jenni over at Lived Called shared:

How I Fit Blogging into Life as a Stay-At-Home Mom


I took notes, I printed Jenni's post, 
and I want to shared this with all who missed
reading this helpful post last week. 
Jenni has also has a wonderful Bible study series
that you can check out on her blog.






I'd LOVE you to leave a comment!!

Since I live out 'in-the-sticks'... friends, like you are a long ways away!!
Sooo, I'd love you to follow me on: 

Don't forget to linkup your favorite posts:



~Judith~

Print Friendly and PDF




WholeHearted Home Wednesday 

Linkup #19

Time has flown by and it's time to share again!!

I love reading the posts you link, so hurry, hurry, hurry and linkup.

Keep your posts family-friendly on topics such as:

Mothering
Marriage is for Keeps
Homemaking
Homeschooling
From Your Kitchen
Organizing your Home
Gardening
Mom's Sharing Jesus
And any way you have
WholeHeartedly served Christ in your Home!!
  1. Keep each post honoring to God.
  2. Post as many posts as you'd like.
  3. Remember the purpose is for community; and women love conversation!! So, please visit at least one blogger who posted on my Linky Party :-)
  4. Be sure to link back to WholeHearted Home.
  5. This Linky Party is open until Saturdays at 11:59pm
  6. Thank you from the bottom of my heart as each of your posts are always such a blessing to me and other ladies. Happy linking! 
Thanks for dropping by!!!
Comments make my day!!

7 comments:

  1. 1. How did you set up your Header? Did you pay to have it done, or did you use Picmonkey? Yes I used Picmonkey and did it myself. :)

    2. How did you size it? I have Irfanview downloaded on my comptuer and I can resize pictures using that. I sort of "googled" around to find the best size for a banner.

    3. How do you go about placing your header in the template? With Blogger - you just go to layout and put it in.

    3. Do you take your own photos or do you use a 'free' service? Both. I take my own and also use Free Digital Photos

    4. Which one(s) are your favorite? If you take your own photos, how did you learn? Some of my favorites are my own. I read a few "photo blogs" and my cousin, who is a photographer, gave me some tips. I just have a regular point-and-shoot...but I do the best I can with what little I know. :)

    5. How do YOU go about finding a background for your blog? I googled "free backgrounds". I like to use free printable digital scrapbooking backgrounds.

    6. Do you pay someone to set this up? The only thing I've ever paid for was my address. LOL!

    7. Do you use backgrounds from Blogger or Word Press? Do you use a 'free' background from a blog? If so, which one(s) are your favorite? How do you size it? How do you get that pesky old template off? I do use a blogger background. I like the really light ones that don't have bold colors...

    8. Do you like a white, open, wide reading area without a busy design for your background? or do you prefer a cute background? Absolutely wide open reading areas that are neat. I prefer that in all areas of life. haha!

    9. Do you have drop-down tabs at the top? Did you install them yourself? If you did, how did you go about doing this? No, but I wouldn't mind learning how!

    10. How do YOU keep up with blogging and mothering? Are you able to basically keep a balance between caring for your husband, mothering, housework, homeschooling, and blogging? Ugh - this is a problem area for me. I don't balance well. I am hopping over to read Jenni's blog post today!
    Blog first or Bible first?? Which do you find yourself doing??
    Be real :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, feel the struggle to jump on the computer before my quiet time, but then I'd find that one click would lead to another, and it would be time to start the rest of my day's activities without having spent time in God's word. A recipe for disaster, for sure! So I made a decision -- no computer unless I've had my quiet time first. Once I settled the matter as a "no compromise," it hasn't been an issue, though sometimes I have to remind myself of the decision when I'm tempted. I never regret spending time with God first, and my reading and prayer time is always my greatest source of inspiration for my blog posts. By putting God first, he enables me to be more efficient and effective in the rest of my day, including my blogging. Well, that's a long answer for a short question. Blessings to you this day!

      Delete
  2. I made my own header(s). This one I have now I actually love. I have made my own buttons. I use a free blogger background. I have used cutest blog on the block.
    Balancing family and blogging is hard. I do my writing in the afternoon during quiet time. I don't get on until after my devotions are done. God really convicted me about this about a month ago. And He has taken care of my numbers since. They have been higher than ever.
    I also try no to be on the computer in the evenings. That is family time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, my friend :) I hope you are doing well. I always enjoy coming here and seeing what other believer's link up.
    I make my headers with Picasa and I usually use my own pictures. I used mine and free pictures for the header I made for Christmas. The Lord is often reminding me that my husband and son come first before my blog. I am amazed at how much time I can spend on blogland so I try to have a time limit and a certain time when I come on which is usually at lunch time and then before I go to bed. Also, I have my son help me with the crafting projects and cooking projects that I put up on my blog. That way he is involved and learning too :)
    Have a wonderful day!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judith...I take my own photos for my blog 95% of the time. I prefer to use my own stuff since I am a photographer and I like keeping it original. I am a self taught photographer. I prefer a simple background so the focus is on my blog and not distracted by a too busy background. My blog background is free from Plumrose Lane. My header is usually my own photos and I used Picmonkey to set it up. I used to use another business that is now no longer available. Picmonkey is a wonderful tool for the blogger. I paid for my blog address and photo storage since I use my own photos. Both are very affordable. It's Bible first so I can blog about it later. :o) Blogging takes discipline for sure or it can steal your time. Sometimes, I'm blogging on paper even before I type it up for my blog. In other words, I keep a small notebook handy and jot down ideas and experiences that could be blog worthy. That's me on my blog. Thank you for the link up friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My header I designed myself, and my background I set to my favorite color.

    I am trying to get better at taking my own pictures, but struggle with this most in blogging due to time.

    I begin my day with God's word, and blog at night :)

    I try REALLY hard to balance everything, but I'm sure I fail. I keep trying different things if I can tell it's not working.

    I don't have drop down menus, I personally don't like them as they mess up the links to post titles on some blogs.

    Thanks for letting me share! :)

    Thank you for sharing and linking up! :) Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. My family comes first too!! I have had hardly any blogging time for a week or two until tonight. I thought I didn't have a post until I stopped by my own blog (LOL) and saw one I scheduled about a month ago. How funny!!

    If you'd like to stop by and linkup a post or two I just posted WholeHearted Home Wednesdays and I'd love to have you, Misty.

    ReplyDelete

If you have gone a little way ahead, O friend, call back --
Twill cheer my heart and help my feet along the stony track.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...